Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Home Sweet Home

First, I'd like to say that I have the best boyfriend for doing the most of the move. Anyone who rents a truck, makes 5 stops, and carries all the furniture (+ the help of some wonderful friends) into our new apartment, all while I'm at work, gets an A+++ from me! Now finding a place for everything that was brought from 2 different houses into a 2 bedroom apartment was not necessarily an easy task, but I accepted the challenge (& won!). 

The first weekend was consumed with unpacking and getting Lulu accustomed to her new environment. My baby does not welcome change with open arms. Elevators are a non-starter for her. She put on the brakes at first sight of the monstrosity. Thankfully her tiny lil 5 lb body glided very easily. She also had to endure a change in potty habits. Since we're on the top floor, walking her just didn't seem like a good idea to me. We bought a turf potty for her. I'm not sure who this was worse for, the boy or Lulu. She peeked through the door with her sad eyes, and he buried his face in a pillow unable to look at the level of patheticness. After several days of holding it in, she finally mastered the concept. The clapping and praising was endless (at 8 am). #ProudMommyMoment

It's been about 3 weeks and the last box has finally been unpacked. I can finally rest...until I need to start obsessively cleaning, cooking, etc...Having a place where you can only blame yourself (& the boy) for a mess is exhausting. I'm obsessed with Clorox wipes and 12 am vacuuming. #wackadoodle

Here are some pics :)


The first meal was prepared Day 1 at 12 am ;)

This view has been altered to include a new 55" LED Toshiba & stand. #boys&theirtoys

Lulu approves of the new couch

Master Bedroom

Cannot wait until the rain stops and I can enjoy this!

In love with this view #sellingpoint

While it hasn't all been up's (obviously a huge adjustment), there is no one I'd rather come home to then him. <3 

My boy's birthday is tomorrow and I'm (super excited to say the least) looking forward to hosting our first real gathering with friends. 


2 comments:

Betsy0525 said...

Jacki, Love your apartment and the view is breath taking.. Good Luck to you.. Love you Aunt Betsy

Darlene said...

It looks awesome!!! Congrats on getting everything unpacked! And why is vacuuming at 12am wackadoodle?! #confused