Wednesday, May 16, 2012

P90x Torture & A Good Cause

I continuously find myself getting bored with my workouts...I've strayed from my typical Jillian Michael's workouts and started P90x this week. The one con I've found is that the workouts are 2-3 times longer than JM's. I'm only 2 days into it and have only been able to get half way through the videos, primarily for two reasons: 1) my legs/arms turn to jello, 2) I need to stuff my face and sip on some delicious wine.
 I had planned on doing half of the plyometrics last night before going out to dinner with my lovely ladies. By the time I was done I was gasping for air and sweating like no other. 


The best part of the whole scene- my lovely bf was watching/yelling at me while eating Taco Bell. #rude


Today I'm so stiff, sore, practically immobile from Day 1's Arms & Back, Ab Ripper X and last night's Plyometrics. Can't wait to see how tonight's Arms & Shoulders, Ab Ripper go. I may lose a limb. My goal is to get at least 3/4 of the way through it before collapsing. #makingprogress


Considering my inability to complete the videos so far, I'm thinking of making it a P180x and repeating weeks until I can get through the whole thing. It's a great workout and this way my hope is that I won't become bored so quickly. I also need to take it a little light this week if I'm going to be able to complete a 5K on Saturday. Speaking of which... 
The Animal Welfare Association is hosting a 5K to raise money for animals. The AWA is an organization dedicated to eliminating animal suffering, promoting the importance of the human-animal bond and improving recognition of the role of animals in the well-being of people. AWA has been 'caring for animals...benefiting people' for over 60 years. It offers a wide variety of services and programs including animal adoption, low-cost veterinary clinic, foster care, pet therapy, humane education, rehoming support and so much more! My goal is to raise $100, so please, any & all contributions are welcome and extremely appreciated.





4 comments:

Darlene said...

I just snorted on a conference call after reading that MD was eating taco bell while you were working out. Thanks. #needtofindthemutebutton

Jacki said...

I'm happy it could amuse you. I wish I could be a natural twig like him and stuff my face with burritos and cheesy fiesta potatoes.

romeochica said...

you are a funny little lady! see you saturday were we will run for the furry little creatures :)

still cant believe danny ate taco bell while u worked out ...didn't u get the urge to rip the burrito (or whatever item) out of his hand nd maybe throw it down in ur p90 rage lol

Jacki said...

haha...had I had the energy to snatch his delicious food out of his hands I probably would have. although the p90x rage may have landed me single & homeless. (we all know what happens when someone else takes away your TB)