Sunday, October 2, 2011

Life Lessons

There is nothing to hold you back, except yourself.

We are our own worst enemies. We are human and far from perfect. Realizing this, it's sometimes harder than others to be the person I strive to be.

Say what you mean. Mean what you say.
I firmly believe in this. Never feel like you are obligated to say anything you don't really mean, or do anything you don't want to actually do. It can be more hurtful to hear a lie than to hear nothing at all.

Don’t say to anyone unless you can say to everyone.
One we may need to remind ourselves (Clears throat...looks in mirror) I'll be the first to admit that I love to hear about drama...but put me directly involved and I turn into a non-eating, feeling like I'm gonna puke, nervous wreck. It's just not for this girl. 

Don’t say inside, what you cannot say outside.
Let's be serious. We all do it. There's always one thing about ourselves we want to change. The hard part is embracing yourself as is. If it's too embarrassing or ugly to say to someone else why say it to yourself? Who's it really helping? Exactly. No one.

Don’t say unless it is true, useful or kind.
Pretty self-explanatory. I've been known to admit that I am not a people person. I think we can be the dumbest creatures on earth. But never in any circumstance do I believe it is okay to be rude and/or hurtful to another dumb creature. We all have feelings, some more sensitive than others. 


For me, it all comes down to being able to look at myself in the mirror at the end of the day and being proud of the person looking back. 



No comments: