Sunday, October 9, 2011

Whirlwind

Once again, this week has been a whirlwind of cr@p that just makes me love life: food, friends, and boyfriend (que?!)
Um, let's start with food.... I've finally mastered the pork chop as best as I can. I've been at it for over a year now, and I finally feel that I've gotten as good at it as I will ever be. Marinated for 24 hrs and baked at 350 for 1 hour then broiled for about 5 minutes on each side. Along with the most savory, orgasmic classic risotto I've ever placed in my mouth.
The finished product. Yeah.....I'm amazing. The way to a man's heart is through is stomach right?....In this case, it's really about how much I can make my taste buds dance. Right, Nikki?! ;) 

Spending nights with the boy & my best girl make me extremely content.

Add in some FaceTime with the Seesdor and I couldn't be happier :) 
We always have the best, most informative/interesting conversations ever....especially if one of us (ahem, most likely me) is under the influence of the "special juice".  I loooove her!

Friday night was a night spent out with some of my favs. I consumed a different flavor of mussels at my most favorite place, hung out with some amazing gf's, and watched our team fail in Game 5. Thankfully being in the company of some awesome people dulled the pain of not witnessing the crazy excitement I wished to see in my city. 
Saturday I woke up early, much to the dismay of the boy, yelling to shut off the d@mn alarm; it was time for the thing I've been most looking forward too... For years I've been wanting to take care of the situation in my mouth....No, not the crooked-ness that the dentist so politely pointed out...it was time for whitening! I lurve money saving sites, such as Living Social & Groupon. I found a great deal for teeth whitening and snatched it up in a heart beat. 4 15-min sessions & extreme discomfort later...
 Pearly-whites. :D As you can see...I'm happy. 
Long after I expected to have left this appointment, I made the trip to Elizabeth, NJ. I'm extremely thankfully for the friends I have & the things they do for me. One particular friend did me a righteous favor and brought some things from Florida up to NJ. To him I'm extremely thankful!!! I don't really know how else I would have gotten these items....it would have most likely cost me a good chunk of moooo-lah.
Four-ish hours of sleep, 2.5 hours of mouth torture, over 3 hours of driving later...I was ready for either coffee....which I wasn't allowed to have after the whitening....or a serious nap. The latter occurred for a good 3 hours. AHHHHH...I've finally gotten my sleeping abilities back. After which I was awaken by the boy, acquired a milkshake, and headed back to bed for another good 12 hours...Ah...I have the good life.
I was especially in a good mood today. It was a gorgeous day out & I took a much desired trip to Ikea. By far my most favorite place on earth. I'm getting more & more excited as the days go on to move into this house. 
Special thanks to my momma for the free shipping code to West Elm. I'd pretty much given up on this duvet. But now my dreams have become a reality....I love when things fall into place!
Speaking of which....In the past few weeks, I've gotten a job, which they love me (expressed on Friday ;), made some amazing new room purchases, and entered into a relationship with one of the best friends I've had for long time. My life continues to amaze me every single day. 


















1 comment:

Legalista said...

I have to say that I'm uber jealous of your fabulous life these days! <3 But you truly deserve it. It's about time things start falling into place for you, and I'm really glad they have. I don't think I have seen you this happy since I met you.

Aaaaaand since you miss your family, you should totally plan a visit (with your boy) down here sometime in December. Just a suggestion ;-)