Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Roller-coaster Ride

Lately it seems that my emotions take drastic turns from extreme happiness to tears of sadness. Briefly thought it was a case of post-menstrual syndrome (sorry guys)...but its doubtful.

 If you keep up with this blog you know how I've expressed how joyful I've been since moving back north. Different parts of my life seem to be coming together to make me whole again. I knew I needed to make a move, but didn't understand the severity of it until it actually happened.

This morning I was walking the couple blocks to work feeling like I was on cloud nine, simply loving life, when I saw something that brought my feet down to solid ground. By no means am I a naive sap...I'm not easily moved, but this time was different. I watched two people pass by a homeless man in a wheelchair, both greeting him with a giant smile and slipping money into his hand. The ease in this exchange made me realize this probably happened every day as they trekked to work. This was just the reminder I needed to look into volunteering with the organization I dealt with in Florida.

So my emotions have been up, spiraling down to humbling ground, back up, and then crashing down again with the news of a loss in the family. This news hit me harder than I would have imagined. Maybe it was the events that took place, reminding me of my fear of being alone?....whatever the case, it was an indication to thank God for the friends & family that surround me.

Live life to the fullest; Give back what you can; and Never take anyone or anything for granted.

xoxo


1 comment:

baerser said...

Tears in my eyes... God has a plan for you, and I continue to be amazed, as well as proud, watching you grow even more beautiful with each step you take. I love you.