Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Everywhere!

I work in the Christmas capital of the world....or so it seems to me. You can't walk into the Wanamaker Building and not smile at all the festive decorations. Well, maybe you could...the only reason I may not be smiling on the outside is because 1) it's too early, 2) I'm going to work, but nevertheless, the smiling is occurring deep down.

Carolers when you first walk in:



Ahhh Christmas tree magically appears going up the escalator:



Today I checked out the Macy's Holiday Light Show. Apparently it's a big deal and has been an ongoing tradition since 1956. Who knew?! Not I. It was pretty cool!

 

Next up was the Dicken's Village on the 3rd floor....Little background: this has been a tradition for the past 20 years and consists of a 6,000 square foot village that reenacts the classic, A Christmas Carol.



^Little creeping looking, right?



Guess who was at the end of the village....yep, Santa!!! Eeek! He DOES exist! I sat on his lap and told him what I wished for....I'm pretty confident he'll make it happen...He is after-all Santa!


To keep up with the Christmas theme goin on today, we decided there was no time like the present to take pictures for Lulu's holiday cards. The tree is up in our living room and had a pretty red present box underneath...where do you think I'm going with this? If you think I decided to put Lulu in the box, because what better present could you receive?!, you would be.....correct! It took some smushing and pupperoni, but it happened. At the end I couldn't even get her out of the box! (maybe a little too much smushing?)





Keeping her eyes on the Pupperoni!

She's still a little traumatized...but the cards have been ordered!! Success! Happy Birthday my little munchkin! Sorry to have tortured you on your special day! Hehe, but it was worth it!

I'm looking forward to seeing the Christmas tree at City Hall in a few days, and also Love Park! <3 .....I'd even like to check out NYC's decorations this year...(Hint Hint, BF!!)


xoxo

2 comments:

Darlene said...

ohhhh Lulu. What does your Mommy do to you?! =)

Jacki said...

Hey she got a treat. I'd say that's a Win-Win!