Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"I savored every last bite..."

Seems the Crock Pot Beef Stew was a hit :) So as promised here is the recipe:

1 package ( 1+ lb) of stew meat
1 can of Campbells condensed Cream of Mushroom
1/4 c. onion
1/4 c. celery
1 1/4 c. water
1/2 c. red wine (I used Merlot)
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 small package of baby carrots
1 small bag of baby yellow potatoes (halved)
salt & pepper

1. Combine the water, wine, and cream of mushroom soup in the crock.
2. Add all other ingredients, stirring to combine.
3. Cook on low for 10-12 hrs. (Yours may take a shorter amount of time. I had it on for 12 hrs while at work)

and....Voila!

The bestie and G came over to enjoy with me! G was especially fond of the carrots, as was the bf. Something about wine infused carrots that's just sooo 'licious. 
We ate; we talked; we played with the doggies; we had cupcakes....

Mommy & G

G lovin' her cupcake

Dear Santa, I've been VERY good ;)


It was a great night....but wasn't over yet. An 11:10 pm (yes, PM...you read that correctly) soccer game followed....I know. Blasphemy. But there's nothing I love more than going to support my boy and watch him dance circles around the other team ;)

Total domination... Poor guys. They were good spirited though. Probably a sign that they're used to losing.

I think those shoes would glow in the dark.

If anyone has any slow cooker recipes (or any recipes at all) to share, feel free to comment!

xoxo




No comments: