Sunday, December 4, 2011

Simple Pleasures

I could basically sum up this weekend in one picture:


There was ALOT of snuggling :)

Saturday morning I stopped and had coffee with my biffers and G. We talked, watched cartoons, and danced (we left that to G). It was fabulous. 

Fully energized, Lulu and I headed home to be slightly productive. I wanted to clean and run a few errands. One of the purchases included a new shower head. (yea, I know...exciting) I was over being pounded by a thin stream of water. Now I like to think that if I needed to, I could take care of myself and do some guy-ish type things (within reason of course). I had changed out a shower head or two in my day...but this one was seriously stuck. Fear not! Our handy man lives right next door! Loooove this! I put in a service call and when I came home tonight it was in. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and take a luxurious shower. Once the errands were done, I came back to do some light cleaning, mainly vacuuming. 2 vacuums in the house. Both crap. One shot dusty furballs out the back, which I tried to suck up with the second. Not a chance. I resorted to a broom and dust pan. *Shudder* Completely frustrated, I opted for a nap. Napping is my favorite and I needed to be well rested for the night ahead. 

Today was by far the highlight of the weekend. Brunch and some serious cuddling. I was granted a Sunday with the boy since the Eagles played on Thursday. For this I am grateful! I finally was able to experience brunch at the place everyone raved about. If I could have tried every one of the menu options I would have. It was seriously hard to decide, but I settled on a mimosa (slurrrp!) and the Crabby Benny: crab cakes topped with poached eggs, potatoes, and salad. One word: Foodgasm. The rest of the day was filled with movie watching and naps. Pure, simplistic pleasures. Couldn't have asked for a better day or weekend.

This week it's time to get serious though. I've finished my Christmas shopping. Yay me! So now I have no excuse to not have a date with JM all week. The holidays are rapidly approaching and I need to step up my game. 

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! 

Here's a few more snugglicious pics:





xoxo


2 comments:

Betsy0525 said...

Just love your stories..Can't wait to see you over the holiday.. UM you do have time for me right ????

Jacki said...

Of course I have time for my fav auntie ;)