Sunday, September 25, 2011

Hi my name is Jacki...

...and I'm a shopaholic. This past week has been a whirlwind of shopping. To explain: I got my first grown-up job since graduating! Eek! Combine this with the fact that I needed a whole new wardrobe because Florida apparel is not appropriate to wear in NJ/PA. 
But let's take it back a little further...Last Friday was Restaurant Week in Philly. Clearly being the food lover that I am, I had to partake. Dinner was at The Prime Rib and included a 3 course meal for $35...hello sweet deal! 
Course 1: Caesar salad
Course 2: Crab Imperial
Course 3: Options included Key Lime Pie, Creme Brulee, & Chocolate Mousse Pie...anyone that knows me should know what I chose.


Ok, ok....and back to shopping. I'm currently having a love affair with fall jackets. They're everywhere & I have total zero self-control. I caved and bought the motorcycle jacket from H&M; paired with skinny jeans and my new ankle boots, I looked fab ;)
Forever21 had some seriously cute jackets...I was torn.

My fashion advisor picked option 1. <3 loooove it!
And some other outfits...
...to wear with my new brown stretchy pants & brown flats

Day 1's outfit...I was a little nervous about my tattoos and nose piercing. Unnecessary. I saw both of these things on my fellow co-workers during the tour. Yay!



This makes me feel fancy.

Day 2's outfit
Day 3 was a Friday aka Jeans Day. This excites me. Clearly I had to buy another pair of jeans from Hollister.
Grand total of my shopping excursion: 
After a year of no employment & not having any really early classes I was seriously unused to waking up early. I subjected others to my pain ;)
The J.O.B.
Last Monday I went in to meet with the Bookkeeper I would be working with. They informed me they had another interview that afternoon and would get back the next day. A couple hours later I received the call offering me the position. Good choice people. Good choice. Even better...they wanted me to start in 2 days! Eek! Deal!
Day 1 they wasted no time putting me to work. Bank recs all day long. Holy eyeball pain. This old girl is not used to working. Everyone was super nice & welcoming. The company bought the Accounting department lunch for my first day. 
They sure know the way to my heart.
...as does "the boyfriend". Have I mentioned how much I love food?? especially cozy little Italian places that serve orgasmic pasta.
Pasta with onions & pancetta in a spicy marinara sauce
The rest of the weekend was filled with more good food, family, & friends. Now I need to get organized for my first full week of work. 
Challenges I foresee:
  1. Multiple people needing to get ready around the same time in the morning
  2. Finding the train station
  3. Getting off at the right stop
  4. The most important one: figuring in my workouts after a long day
I'm extremely grateful for all those that have given me the encouragement and help that I needed to get to this point. I don't think I've ever been this happy...just ask my sister ;)


Wish me luck this week! xoxo













3 comments:

Christina said...

Jacki, you are doing such a god job on this Super Cute Blog...its so light & positive I Love it! Congratulations on you're new job!!!

baerser said...

Which sister should we be asking? ;)
When you were growing up and I told you I wanted you to be able to take care of yourself and stand on your own two feet, this is what I meant. You are making your life happen and I am so proud of you. Love you.

Jacki said...

Thanks Romes! ;)

That would be sister #1.