Friday, September 2, 2011

The Pop Shop!

I have been dying to go to The Pop Shop ever since I saw it featured on the Food Network. Yesterday I got my wish. I had promised my grandmother that I would take her out to lunch for her birthday (I picked the place ;) )

While the restaurant was really cool and provided a real "soda fountain" type feel, the view I received from the table was less than appetizing.

How does he not feel that?! He stood up and sat down a few times....I just don't get how he didn't realize. Unless he just liked the breeze up his BVD's.

The menu features about 30 different kinds of grilled cheeses. Clearly this was the way to go. I had the Harrison: Jack cheese, grilled chicken, and garlicky sun-dried tomato aïoli on crusty ciabatta. The grammy had the Magill: American, aged cheddar, and provolone on sourdough. Both were amazing. You can't go wrong with gooey, melty cheese.

This is the Butterfinger triple thick milkshake. It may have been good....I snorked it down even before my sandwich came out. ;)

The Pop Shop was featured on Throwdown with Bobby Flay. Check it out!

Time to get my workout on!!! No way I can leave globs of cheese and butterfingers on these hips!

No comments: